alexander house.


My trip really started to pick up when I stayed in Charlottesville, VA.  I've always heard this area was unique and once I arrived at the Alexander House I saw that the rumors were true.  The hostel had a sweet black lab, a diverse, friendly group of people sleeping around me, and an accomodating host.  I wandered around the city and was directed to a woman's arm wrestling competition where ladies from the community dressed up in silly costumes and arm-wrestled to live music and support of many sequin-covered back-up dancers.  It's nice to find locations where the main mission seems to be: hey, just have fun.

Also, I'm finally back in Providence.  Moving around so much has given me a new appreciation for this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.