pike place market


When the earliest signs of spring were showing and Melissa and I, sharing another sweet Sunday together, walked to the infamous Pike Place Market in Seattle.  Melissa lives conveniently right down the road, which, despite the tall buildings all around, made me feel that I was in a seaside village.  The local fish tosses, hand-dipped maple doughnuts, some of the most delicious fruit I've ever had, I ate it all up like a tourist.  With the mossy adventure the previous day, it really was the loveliest weekend.
This roll of film had a bit of light seep in, but upon looking at them again, I kind of like it - all that Seattle fog and mist finding an outlet.  


And so, it is undeniable that I have become increasingly more absent from this space, but well, with the fresh roadside color, morning birdsong, and the later sunlight hinting at long summer days - I want to share all of this again!  I hope to begin tending the site and using it as an excuse to capture all the positivity that has been sprouting up around - a way to keep me in check, really, and keep my friends scattered all around updated with the daily happenings too. Hopefully it will be inspiring somewhere along the way.

Speaking of, I read this today:

"In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions: When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?" -Gabrielle Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.