strawberry rhubarb smoothie


You guys, I'm becoming a morning smoothie person.  With all this heat I'm not craving the heavy soups, breads, and nut butters that I'm usually eating,  but more fresh fruits and vegetables.  And with my constant sugar craving, I'm mostly just craving fruit.  So, I decided I'm going to go all out.  I got all the ingredients for green smoothies and fruit smoothies and even nerded out on additives and supplements (but could really only afford a couple of them).  All the dairy and root vegetables in my refrigerator have been replaced with berries and greens, not to mention the garden outside sprouting with herbs and more greens.  So,  I'll be taking all of these in blended form for the next month. My first day it's a strawberry rhubarb smoothie.


s t r a w b e r r y   r h u b a r b   s m o o t h i e

1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup stewed rhubarb
1/3 cup fresh or frozen mango
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 lime juice
3/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
2 tbsp aloe gel (optional)
 a couple of mint leaves

and blend it all together!  
You do have to stew the rhubarb beforehand.  I stewed it up with a couple tablespoons of maple syrup the night before and refrigerated it until the next morning.  It gives the smoothie a really nice, tart taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.