a few more...


It's raining here in Nelson, BC.  I've been sipping my coffee and watching the clouds envelop the mountain peaks, silver wisps floating just above the lake.  This greyscale of mist and cloud and fog are what I'll miss most about British Columbia, they give all the shades of green a depth that quiets and softens, I don't think I'll know a landscape that is quite so humbling.
And Nelson is just the wonder that I remember - a small mountain gem of a town, not too big and not too small - complete with two sweet food coops, the friendliest people and a setting that there aren't really words for.  I've only been here 14 hours and I've already had multiple in-depth conversations with the locals. While I was settling down last night the thought popped in my head, "I want to settle here one day."  But, who's to say what will happen.

Anyway, here are a few more photos from last weekend's trip to Washington.  I'll post crossing-Canada-road-trip footage as soon as I can!

1 comment:

  1. Does your friend Melisa also have a blog?

    ReplyDelete

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.