things 4 sale


We sold clothes in Seattle town over the weekend, right in the meridian in front of Melissa's home.  With my upcoming move and her ever impending eventual move - we collaborated on a front yard stuff sale.  I brought my lovely Victoria-n friend along as well and it ended up being a fun Washington vacation, more than anything.  I liked the way the yard sale brought everyone in the neighborhood together, in one space.  I enjoyed hearing people's stories as they rummaged through our clothing and books, and watching the children play with Nikita-the-cat as their mom strolled around. It was also fun, the three of us, sharing cherries and farmer's market strawberries along the side, waving at the people who came along.

4 comments:

  1. i love garage sales. my friend nicky and i will have one maybe once a year and it's a guaranteed good time. the flower crowns are super pretty! hope you made lots of money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, an end of summer/autumn's beginning-one once I'm in Vermont too?! I wonder if we could even do it on the capital grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, love a good yard sale! Hope you did well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like the best yard sale ever
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.