Four & Twenty Blackbirds






You guys, this pie place is   i m p o r t a n t.  Four & Twenty Blackbirds was one of my top choices for a place to apprentice at, back in January.  While I'm so happy I ended up in British Columbia, that doesn't mean I didn't feel that I should stop by and see what all the fuss was about.  During my road trip, a few weeks ago, I stopped in Brooklyn, New York to visit my sweet and talented friend Marion, and when contemplating breakfast, we decided pie was the best possible option.  And once we're there, we might as well get 4 slices, right?  And now I understand what the big deal is, their pie is seriously good. We shared a Black Bottom Oat pie, White Nectarine and Red Currant, a Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan, and then a Goat Cheese and Pesto Croissant.  And yes they all deserved capital letters, they were so delicious - I couldn't even tell you which was my favorite, although I did find that my fork kept returning to to black bottom oat.  We faced a serious sugar high afterwards, but that just forced us to walk around some of the Brooklyn neighborhoods!
  I really like Brooklyn, and New York City in general.  As cities go, Seattle was relaxed and charming, but there's something about the dirt and grittiness of New York City that really appeals to me.  The people are a bit more driven, and their attitudes somewhat cold.  I'm know these attributes don't seem too appealing, but I still find a certain romance to it all.
Anyway, pie dates - A+ - would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.