mobile photos of my dessert finale



For our dessert finale we had to create our own plated dessert and beverage pairing so, I made this!  A chocolate mousse in a tempered dark chocolate bowl, figs in a red wine reduction,  saffron mascarpone creme, a phyllo dough ring (with black olives inside, it worked I swear!) and then a raspberry red wine reduction on the bottom.  I paired it with ruby port and it went over really well!
Otherwise, good things are happening.  It's finals week and then I have one week of freedom!  Monday I'll be heading back over to the western side of the continent.  So excited to see all my British Columbia friends and of course my best friend in her new home of Port Townsend, Washington.  Only 2 more days!


2 comments:

even if I don't always respond, your comments make my day.